On Our Own of Montgomery County, Inc. is a mental health wellness and recovery center located in a large remodeled colonial home in Olde Towne Gaithersburg. Our mission is to support and empower individuals through peer support mental health services by enhancing self-esteem and quality of life through peer support.
We are an organized support network that is both social and physical.
Trained Peer Support Specialists who have experienced their own recovery stories foster an environment optimal for personal recovery by in a safe and welcoming atmosphere.
- Our mission is to promote wellness and recovery
- We challenge the stigma of mental illness through sharing our experiences.
- We advocate for justice and equality in Maryland and Montgomery County.
- We have a modern computer lab providing access to health resources and employment websites.
- We hold regularly scheduled wellness and recovery activities focused on promoting the development of natural support networks.
- Members are encouraged to contribute $10 annually to the Center.
People come to On Our Own for a variety of reasons. Members come when they need social support or want to enjoy the company of others. We seek to meet people where they are and meet their needs, interests, and goals. Some come for social acceptance and support; others to participate in training and development of new tools and skills, and some to participate in organized activities. We provide mental health services to consumers from all walks of life, whether working full-time or unemployed and homeless.
We have written resources on mental health services, benefits and programs of relevance and importance to many consumers and we can help consumers find many more via the internet. On Our Own provides referrals to programs that help members obtain: food, computers, job placement assistance, substance abuse treatment, health care, and other services.
434 East Diamond Avenue, Gaithersburg MD 20877